Stay Safe at School or Anywhere with Pepper Spray and Unarmed Skills
Are your kids heading to high school or college in the fall? Want to ace their personal safety (and yours — you can come to class, too!)? Want 10% off all 2017 Pepper Spray and Unarmed Self Defense classes? Of course! Sign up today through April 30th with promo code “USD”.
Unarmed Self Defense will help you stun and disable an attacker and escape to safety. This two-day class teaches a simple, powerful system that not only increases personal safety, but builds confidence and awareness so you can steer clear of trouble. The next class is April 29-30.
Pepper spray is an awesome self-defense tool that buys you time to escape to safety. Our three-hour Pepper Spray Seminar will teach you how to use it, and answer all your questions. Plus you’ll get a chance to spray our instructor with INERT(!) spray in simulated encounters. Many colleges allow students to carry pepper spray. Check your school’s policy, and then get some training and learn the right kind to carry. The next class is June 13.
Children under 18 in class must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Sign up now through April 30th with promo code “USD” and get 10% off all 2017 Pepper Spray and Unarmed Self Defense classes! (May not be combined with any other discounts.)
For more information about these and all our classes and to register, visit our website: InSightsTraining.com.
Stay safe and we’ll see you in class!
InSights Training Center + Kids = Spy Kids Class!
Well, okay, we’re not actually turning them into spies. But Kids Safety School is a cool, new 3-hour class to teach your kids safety and situational awareness. There are no guns or weapons involved, just confidence building and empowerment taught in a warm and caring environment. Through a series of games, drills, and discussions, your children will learn how to recognize potential dangers and get to safety.
Here are some skills we will cover:
- Noticing patterns and what affects patterns: part of safety awareness is spotting things that don’t fit
- Memorization: remember details, remember a safety plan, and more
- Agility: channel that boundless energy into physical skills
- Assertiveness: how to take charge of themselves when it’s time to act
And here are some drills we will cover:
- Personal Space: learn to maintain it and what to do if someone tries to take you
- How to move efficiently through crowded areas
- Designing emergency response plans with their parents: fire, natural disasters, intruder situations
- Parking Lot Safety: getting from car to building and back again
- Run/Hide/Fight: explain when and where to run, best tactics for hiding, and worst case scenario–having to fight
Learn to be safe, and have fun at the same time — this class is a must for every parent and their child. Parental participation is a must, and we guarantee the grownups will learn just as much as the kids! This 3-hour class is aimed at children aged 5 to 10. Price is $75 for parent and 1 child, $20 for each additional child (bring payment for additional children to class).
Classes are already filling up fast, so stay tuned for more dates. See the latest dates and information at InSightsTraining.com.