InSights Training Center + Kids = Spy Kids Class!
Well, okay, we’re not actually turning them into spies. But Kids Safety School is a cool, new 3-hour class to teach your kids safety and situational awareness. There are no guns or weapons involved, just confidence building and empowerment taught in a warm and caring environment. Through a series of games, drills, and discussions, your children will learn how to recognize potential dangers and get to safety.
Here are some skills we will cover:
- Noticing patterns and what affects patterns: part of safety awareness is spotting things that don’t fit
- Memorization: remember details, remember a safety plan, and more
- Agility: channel that boundless energy into physical skills
- Assertiveness: how to take charge of themselves when it’s time to act
And here are some drills we will cover:
- Personal Space: learn to maintain it and what to do if someone tries to take you
- How to move efficiently through crowded areas
- Designing emergency response plans with their parents: fire, natural disasters, intruder situations
- Parking Lot Safety: getting from car to building and back again
- Run/Hide/Fight: explain when and where to run, best tactics for hiding, and worst case scenario–having to fight
Learn to be safe, and have fun at the same time — this class is a must for every parent and their child. Parental participation is a must, and we guarantee the grownups will learn just as much as the kids! This 3-hour class is aimed at children aged 5 to 10. Price is $75 for parent and 1 child, $20 for each additional child (bring payment for additional children to class).
Classes are already filling up fast, so stay tuned for more dates. See the latest dates and information at InSightsTraining.com.